The word Interfere defined is “to take part or intervene in an activity without invitation or necessity.”
Don’t you find that funny? Without invitation or necessity…hmmm that makes me really think about our lives and how things are working for us here and how things can work for us in daily life. A little back story to explain my wonder…
For the last 10 months, Mike has been researching, testing and pouring time, money and efforts into aquaponics. The results have been a commercial aquaponics farm in a 3rd world country with local Filipinos as partners, with the hope it will change not only their lives but the generations to come.
When we got here the farm was not yet in operations and there were so many things to consider, resolve and put in place. With Mike not being an aquaponics professional in the commercial area, he did what we always do – reach out and find people who know what they are doing and learn from and build on that.
- He joined Facebook Groups that did have experience and reached out for advice.
- He watched hundreds and maybe thousands of hours of YouTube videos
- He had paid $2000USD to a consultant in the states who is closely connected with one of the largest known aquaponics system builders in the world. He visited a large scale aquaponics farm and spent time with them. Hired them to build our system and provided 3D drawings for the commercial farm.
- He purchased an aquaponics online course with a 450 page manual that focuses on the top 2 aquaponics methods in the world
- He connected with a South African who has a commercial system and engaged in mentorship as we move into a 2nd farm
Mike is amazing at research and finding solutions. The only problem with this, as we found out, is that aquaponics is full of many strong opinions and not much hard evidence. Backyard aquaponics experts we call them. 😉 And the commercial growers are very closed and not open to sharing – a very secretive community.
In November as we were finishing the farm it was confusing to hear all the opinions of what we SHOULD be doing. The differences of opinions were WIDE and for a couple weeks, it was difficult and frustrating to know what the right move was.
Fast forward 3 months and everyone on the Facebook Groups that Mike posts and shares are in awe and sometimes confused at our progress. You see for all you science lovers out there we are operating WAY out of the expected results of a 3-month-old aquaponics system.
The things that we are doing and the growth that we are seeing is NOT NORMAL!
- Tomatoes are not suppose to grow in deep water culture and yet they are
- We have 75% less fish than most aquaponics farms say we should have
- We feed 80% less food than the aquaponic recommendations
- Cucumbers flower and fruit for 2-3 weeks, we are on our 6th week and counting
- Growth timelines are 25% faster than regular expectations
- The farm is only in its 3rd month of grown and we have already secured buyers, online sales with beautiful and tasty produce
Mike posted this past weekend about our tomatoes and lettuce on the Facebook Aquaponics group and he has had over 30 people message him to ask what he is doing, how is this working etc etc etc. We can tell them what we are doing – but we really can’t explain why when we compare it to what the recommendations have been.
The other day I said to Mike, when we were again being amazed at the growth and coming success, “this must be a little piece of Eden, a little pocket of heaven.” We seriously cannot explain why it’s working most times. This aquaponics farm has had some spiritual intervention beyond what we could ask for OR imagine.
As I was praying about this and the confusion that we were experiencing with learning from others with many different opinions God reminded me of Solomon in the bible.
For those of you who don’t know he was one of the wisest men EVER. It is not only in the bible but also historical documents as well. He asked for wisdom – and he got it – not from university or mentorship or books – he received his wisdom from God. I am not saying do not go to school or study or grow in wisdom – but I am challenged to ask for it when I am at a loss.
When I read about Solomon it shed light on some of the things that are happening with Mike and the wisdom that is coming – not that he is Solomon but the way things are playing out, his heart and the ability to walk in things that are unexplainable, can only be heavens wisdom and interference.
1 Kings 4:29-34 God gave Solomon wisdom—the deepest of understanding and the largest of hearts. There was nothing beyond him, nothing he couldn’t handle. Solomon’s wisdom outclassed the vaunted wisdom of wise men of the East…He knew all about plants, from the huge cedar that grows in Lebanon to the tiny hyssop that grows in the cracks of a wall. He understood everything about animals and birds, reptiles and fish. Sent by kings from all over the earth who had heard of his reputation, people came from far and near to listen to the wisdom of Solomon.
We can trust for this type of wisdom and spiritual interference – more than ever we are leaning in and speaking to God’s ear and listening closely for his voice for wisdom and welcoming his interference in aquaponics, our families future, parenting, business…the list could go on. The reason I am confident that we too can ask for wisdom is because of the following verse that tells us we can.
James 1:5 Amplified Bible (AMP) If any of you lacks wisdom [to guide him through a decision or circumstance], he is to ask of [our benevolent] God, who gives to everyone generously and without rebuke or blame, and it will be given to him.
How often do we lack wisdom and need some spiritual interference…
- At a standstill and loss of how to move forward in life
- struggling to parent our children who are all so different
- at a loss of how to balance our busy North American lives
- confused for our future or our children’s future or our parents future
- anxious about finances and investments
- struggling to lose weight and get healthy after trying everything
- unable to study and apply ourselves in school
- uncertain about work and how to get a promotion or stand out
The list could go on and on! But we can lend our ear to his voice – we can turn our voice to his ear. He LOVES to share and inspire his children with heaven’s wisdom. His unique ways are at our disposal. We have experienced some spiritual interference 😉 The most beautiful part of this is that the definition says “without necessity.” Necessity means demanded, needed, requirement, required or indispensable. But interference shows us that God is doing this on His will and time FOR us – not because he HAS to but because he wants to!
Our God is so good and faithful – he gives wisdom and he interferes to make his name known, to show off his huge heart for us as well as his desire for others to taste and see His goodness and extravagant love for all.
He LOVES to interfere – as we have found out. So let’s ask away! You can be sure that there will be some spiritual interference over and above what we ask for or imagine…From the simplest of things to the biggest of things. God loves to be generous to his kids. We can’t loose actually 😊